What is Mindful?
Mindful is Sodexo's health & wellness approach that helps you make healthy choices second nature! Sodexo is committed to creating healthy environments for our customers. Central to this effort is providing healthy, nutritious foods. The result of this initiative is an approach that focuses on transparency of ingredients, delicious food, satisfying portions and clarity in message so that you can make Mindful choices! While Mindful is designed for use in our dining hall and other locations on campus, it really is a lifestyle that you can easily adopt with your friends, prayer groups, clubs/organizations and at home with your family.
How Can You Be Mindful?
The first step to becoming Mindful is making the decision within side of yourself to choose a lifestyle change. After you have accomplished this step, you can follow our simple nutritional chart that will assist you in making more healthy, Mindful choices.
Looking for something healthy and easy to make? Try this delicious recipe out:
Mindful Black Bean & Roasted Vegetable Wrap
4 tablespoons Olive Tapenade
2 cup sliced eggplant
2 cup sliced zucchini
2 cup red pepper
2 cup red onion
6 oz. Low-fat balsamic vinaigrette
4 8 inch whole grain tortilla
4 cups spring mix lettuce
2 cup of canned black beans
To fix the roasted vegetables:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine eggplant, zucchini, red pepper, onion, and vinaigrette. Toss until evenly coated. Arrange in a thin layer on a lightly oiled pan.
3. Place pan in oven. Cooked for 6 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are just tender and lightly caramelized (lightly browned).
4. Place vegetables in refrigerator to chill.
To make the wrap:
1. Lay 1 8” tortilla flat.
2. Spread 1 tablespoon of olive tapenade on tortilla.
3. Then layer 1 cup of spring mix, 1 cup of roasted vegetables, ½ cup black beans on bottom 1/3 of tortilla.
4. Fold over end of tortilla, roll tightly.